The Hospital Research Foundation, Woodville SA
Services Provided: Mechanical / Electrical / Fire Protection / Hydraulics / Vertical Transportation
Construction Cost: $3m
The Hospital Research Foundation Group aims to support medical research and patient care through a variety of fund-raising initiatives including lotteries, donations or by events or activities.
BCA Engineers were engaged as the building services engineers for the new facility and the integrated fit out of the 1st floor to accommodate ‘The Hospital Research Foundation’ at No. 62 – 64 Woodville Road, Woodville.
Our design solutions incorporated the following:
- First floor home for The Hospital Research Foundation including office spaces, function room and multimedia boardroom, audio visual rich spaces specific for creating content and undertaking online meetings
- Base building works for the consideration of two retail or food tenancies in the future
- Ground floor undercroft / external car parking and site works
- BCA Engineers overcame challenges by innovation and forward-thinking which included:
- Comprehensive understanding of existing infrastructure
- Assessment and identification of condition, capacity and compliance issues pertaining to existing infrastructure
- Accommodating for the retention and protection of existing facilities / infrastructure not included in the redevelopment areas
- Recommendations based on sound life cycle cost analysis, ensuring longevity, maintenance considerations and value for money
- Making provisions for temporary services or permanent diversion of services as necessary
- Consultation with client / stakeholders ensuring any flexibility and future-proofing requirements were implemented into our design
BCA Engineers helped to deliver a significant community asset representing value for money for the broader health and wellbeing of our community.
Symbio Alliance Laboratory, Ravenhall VIC
Services Provided: Mechanical / Electrical / Dry Fire & Wet Fire Protection / Hydraulics / Vertical Transportation
Project Value: $25M
BCA Engineers were engaged as the building services engineering consultants for the new Chemistry and Microbiological Laboratories in Ravenhall, Victoria.
BCA Engineers undertook an initial site visit, reflecting the existing Symbio facilities at Eight Mile Planes in Brisbane, gaining a thorough understanding of the building services engineering requirements to serve the proposed new facility.
The facility is approximately 8,000m2 over two (2) floors and includes the following:
- 4,000m2 for Chemistry and Microbiological Laboratories fitted out and operational
- 4,000m2 ‘warm shell only’ for future Laboratory expansion
- Under-croft level comprising vehicular parking, reception, boardroom, meeting rooms, administration, training, including storage plant and receiving docks
- General Laboratories classified as PC2 and Quarantine Laboratories at QC5.2
- 24/7 Laboratories air conditioning solutions
- Passenger lift serving all levels
- A Goods Lift for transport of samples and equipment
BCA Engineers have gained a direct understanding of Symbio’s operational experiences and improvements made within their existing facility.
100 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA
Services Provided: Mechanical / Electrical / Fire Protection / Hydraulics
Project Value: $9m
BCA Engineers were engaged by ISIS (SHAPE) to complete detailed design documentation for the base building Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection and Hydraulic services associated with this 13 Level (1,015m² floor plate) office building redevelopment at 100 Waymouth St, Adelaide. BCA Engineers were then subsequently engaged to complete detailed “Integrated Fitout” detailed design documentation for the CPS Credit Union (Ground Floor, Level 10, Level 11 and Level 12) in conjunction with Woodhead.
The building has been refurbished to meet PCA A-Grade Office building standards and will be targeting both 4.5-star NABERS Energy and 4-star NABERS Water ratings.
- Tight base building and fit out construction programmes required integrated fit out approach for CCPS tenancy. BCA Engineers provided concurrent design documentation for both base building and fit out works, with clear delineation between base building and fit out scope for cost control purposes
- Logistic constraints associated with cooling plant upgrade including equipment lead times and physical constraints imposed on lifting chillers, fluid coolers and pumps to Level 13 plant room
- Spatial constraints within existing ceiling spaces and plant areas meant that mechanical services had to be carefully designed to achieve required Energy Efficiency and Acoustic standards of performance.